Barcelona vs Villarreal – Goals
Barcelona scored early with Suarez and Griezmann pushing deep into the Villarreal. Pau Torres scored an own goal at 3rd minute while trying to prevent Griezmann from having the final scoring touch.
The host came back firmly into the game when the Gerard Moreno levelled for them within ten minutes.
Messi scored everything today, apart from scoring a goal. He scored once, but it was cancelled after VAR review. It was found that Vidal was offside during the move. Missy has now reached 19 La Liga assists during the season the most of any player since 2010-11 season.
At last, Griezmann scored when Messi put across for him from the goal line. It was a pure beauty as the chip from 18 yards beat the stretched hands of Villarreal keeper Asenjo and then hit the bar before crossing the goal-line.
Ansu Fati joins the proceedings as the substitute of Griezmann at 72nd minute of the match scored the final goal for Barcelona four minutes to regular time.
The Change in Formation for Barcelona
It is reported that Luis Suarez met Barca coach Quique Setien to find a solution for after deal faltered against Celta Vigo. Setien came back with a change in Barcelona attacking formation.
Antoine Griezmann and Luis Suarez started upfront with Lionel Messi playing behind them. This allowed the Catalan team to create more chances and play direct football than they did in previous matches.
At an hour mark, Setien made two changes, Rakitic and Puig came in place of Suarez and Semedo. Barcelona was operating as back-forth like a machine, creating chances and keeping the host team’s defence and keeper busy.
Barcelona is still four points behind the league leader Real Madrid world currently at 77 points from 34 games. Barcelona are at 73 points right now.
- PSG agreed conditionally on Neymar return to Barcelona
- Mason Greenwood – former players praised United player
- Lampard outlines the importance of having Willian and Giroud
- Manchester United signed Nemanja Matic, to loan out Eric Bailly
- Liverpool 2-0 Aston Villa: Mane, Jones scored at Anfield
- Southampton 1-0 Man City: Adams scores from 40 yards
- Real 1-0 Athletic: Ramos scored the winner from spot
- Arsenal 2-0 Wolves: Six Talking points
- Man United 5-2 Bournemouth: Greenwood, Rashford, Martial, Bruno scored
- Juventus 4-1 Torino: Ronaldo scored 25th goal of this season
- Barcelona star Lionel Messi linked with a move away from Camp Nou
- Bayern 4-2 Bayer: Bayern won DFB-Pokal, Lewandowski broke records
- Klopp: Liverpool won’t spend much during this summer transfer