Cristiano Ronaldo had moved back to his family in Madeira since Serie A matches were suspended after the outbreak of Coronavirus pandemic.
Madeira is the island where Cristiano Ronaldo was born, its CR7’s home and Portuguese superstar is sharing his moments with family members in Social Media. But it may no longer be one of the safe places in Portugal to avoid the risks of contagion from COVID-19.
In fact, as reported by some Portuguese media, an outbreak of the infection was discovered with about ten cases in Camera do Lobos, a town a few km west of the capital Funchal, where there is the villa where CR7 and its family members are located.
Local authorities immediately set up the cordon around Camera dos Lobos, isolating the 18,000 inhabitants waiting to understand the extent of the infection and contain the size of the outbreak – with the bug having killed over 150,000 worldwide – and continue to the spread.
The area has been marked as a red zone, and it is only around 12 miles from the villa where Ronaldo has been staying.
Ronaldo’s possible return to Italy
In the next few days, moreover, Ronaldo could also return to Turin in view of the resumption of training which, at the moment, is scheduled for May 4th. News that could lead him to return to Italy earlier than expected.
Ronaldo, as well as the other Juventus players who left Italy, will have to undergo the 14-day quarantine. Juventus, however, have not yet issued official calls, waiting to have certainties on the dates of the recovery and, in the worst-case scenario, will have to delay the training sessions of those nine players by a few days. The date of the first games is still uncertain, which could well be on the weekend of 30-31 May. But again any comment on dates would be with many assumptions which may change during coming days. Juventus midfielder, Miralem Pjanic will return to Turin from Luxembourg, where he spent the last month.
- COVID-19: United Serie A consent to end 2019-20 season
- COVID-19: Bundesliga could return as early as May 9
- Manchester United not to pursue Harry Kane for £150m
- Messi’s ultimate XI-Teammates with most outings
- PSG offer Neymar new €740k/week contract until 2025
- Manchester City sign Kluiverth Aguilar for £1.5m
- Kylian Mbappe will cost £35m, claims French politician
- Coronavirus outbreak in Madeira 20km from the Ronaldo home
- Newcastle to appoint Mauricio Pochettino as new Manager?