- Jurgen Klopp suffered the biggest defeat as the manager of Liverpool at Anfield.
- This was third consecutive home defeat after Burnley and Brighton, who are at 17th and 15th place in Premier League table.
- Two huge errors from Alisson saw Liverpool going down 1-3 at 76th minute of the game.
- Gundogan spared the Reds further woos as the German missed a penalty to provide City with early lead.
- Raheem Sterling become third player to score 100 goals under Pep Guardiola. Previous two were two Argentinian, Lionel Messi and Sergio Aguero.
- Kostas Tsimikas had his premier league debut, when he substituted Andy Robertson.
Jürgen Klopp’ side have now lost three consecutive games at Anfield and the Reds are in a real crisis now.
The Premier League title is surely beyond then and it will be interesting to see if they can qualify for the Champions League this season.
Liverpool are fourth in the table despite tonight’s defeat but the likes of West Ham, Chelsea, Tottenham are all breathing down their necks.
Both teams started the game brightly and Sadio Mane could have put the home side ahead early on. The Senegalese winger failed to hit the target with a free header.
Manchester City were awarded a penalty in the first half after Raheem Sterling was brought down by Fabinho but Ilkay Gundogan missed from the spot.
Both teams went in level at half time. City came roaring back into the second half and took the lead through Gundogan who found the net with a rebound off Raheem Sterling’ shot.
Liverpool got back into the game soon after through Mohamed Salah. The Egyptian scored from the penalty spot after he was brought down by Ruben Dias.
With 20 minutes left on the clock Manchester City turned the game around with the help of three uncharacteristic errors from Alisson.
The Brazilian goalkeeper put in an abysmal display which allowed the likes of Gundogan, Sterling and Foden to score in the closing stages of the game.
Pep Guardiola has now won at Anfield for the first time since taking over at Manchester City and his side will now be firm favourites to go on and win the title this season.