Man City vs Real Madrid
Stadium: Etihad Stadium, Manchester
Betting Odds: Man City 1.72; Draw 4.33 ; Real Madrid 4.20
Probability of Win: Man City 56%; Draw 21% ; Real Madrid 23%
- Manchester City beat Real Madrid 2-1 in the first leg of the encounter.
- The second leg match would take place after five months of the first leg match in the round of 16.
- Manchester City finished second after Liverpool in Premier League, and Zidane’s side managed to topple Barcelona to win La Liga title during this period.
- The second leg at Etihad would be Behind the closed door. This may help visitors.
- How the defensive organization of Real Madrid, performs against Manchester City attack without the service of Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos would be one of the deciding factors. Manchester City attack would not be the same without the service of Sergio Aguero.
- Previous records at Etihad are neutral. They played twice, which resulted in a draw.
- The record of Real Madrid success in England is average. They won five times out of eleven occasions.
- While playing in European competition, Manchester City never slipped after having away victory in the first leg. They held this record for 11 such occasions.
- Real Madrid’s record of overturning the deficit after losing the first match is quite dismal. They managed only once against Wolfsburg in 2015-16 and failed in other four occasions.
- If Manchester City move to quarters, Pep Guardiola will become the third manager to eliminate Real Madrid twice or more, in Champions League knock stage.
- Unlike the first leg, betting odds are heavily favouring the home side.
Predicted XI: Ederson; Walker, Fernandinho, Laporte, Joao Cancelo; De Bruyne, Rodri, Gundogan; Mahrez, Jesus, Sterling
Unavailable: Agüero (knee), Mendy (suspended)
Misses next game if booked: None
Predicted XI: Courtois; Carvajal, Varane, Eder Militao, Mendy; Casemiro, Kroos; Modric, Hazard, Vinicius Junior; Benzema
Doubtful: Marcelo (adductor)
Unavailable: Ramos (suspended), Mariano Díaz (medical)
Misses next game if booked: Modrić, Valverde