Champions League holders Bayern Munich will welcome Russian side Lokomotiv Moscow to the Allianz Arena in their last game of the group stages.
Stadium: Allianz Arena.
- Bayern have averaged 3.2 goals per fixture in the group stages of this year’s UCL.
- They will top their group regardless of the outcome of the result.
- Flick’s win percentage of 89 from his 53 matches since replacing Niko Kovac last November is the highest of any coach in Bayern history.
- The German side had won 15 consecutive games in the Champions League before last Tuesday’s 1-1 draw with Atletico. Their last defeat was back in March 2019.
- Before October’s 2-1 win in Moscow, Bayern beat Lokomotiv 5-1 over two legs on the way to the 1995/96 UEFA Cup, with Jürgen Klinsmann scoring twice.
- Lokomotiv centre-backs Vedran Corluka (Bayer Leverkusen) and Slobodan Rajkovic (Hamburg and Darmstadt) have previously played in the Bundesliga.
- Lokomotiv are winless in five of their last away matches in all competitions.
Bayern Munich have been one of the best performers in this year’s Champions League as they have won all but one of their opening group games.
In that period they scored 15 times and conceded four times. They remain the best in Europe and will be looking to win for the 20th time in 21 home group outings. Since their shock 4-1 loss to Hoffenheim in late September—their only defeat in 45 outings—Bayern have remained unbeaten in 15 games overall.
Possible Bayern Line Up
Alex Nubel, Chris Richards, Niklas Süle, David Alaba, Alphonso Davies, Jamal Musiala, Marc Roca, Leroy Sane, Thomas Müller, Douglas Costa, Choupo-Moting.
Joshua Kimmich, Javi Martinez, Hernandez are all injury absentees for this tie, while Alphonso Davies is expected to make the matchday squad for the first time since October.
The Russians have an outside chance of qualifying for the next stage of the Europa League with a win or draw here. Although they are last in the group, the visitors can still qualify if Atletico Madrid beat Salzburg by a good margin.
They will definitely fancy their chances against a Bayern side that has kept just one clean sheet in their last ten games in competitions.
Possible Lokomotiv Moscow Line Up
Guilherme, Dmitri Zhivoglyadov, Vedran Corluka, Slobodan Rajkovic, Maciej Rybus, Vladislav Ignatyev, Grzegorz Krychowiak, Stanislav Magkeyev, Anton Miranchuk, Vitali Lisakovic, Eder.
Bayern Munich : Draw : Lokomotiv Moscow :: 1.22 : 7.00 : 11.00
Bayern remain favourites for this tie. Their average of 3.2 goals per match puts them in a commanding position to win this game. But their poor clean sheet record suggests that the visitors will get their chances.
Bayern to win
Both teams to score
Over 2.5 goals