Zlatan Ibrahimovic helped AC Milan to win against Cagliari 2-0, helps his team climbing four notch in Seria A table to 8th place.
Rafael Leao had given the Rossoneri the lead just after half-time before Ibrahimovic, starting for the first time since his return, doubled their advantage with a left-footed strike. The former LA Galaxy and Sweden striker had another goal ruled out for offside.
“I’ll celebrate like a God at San Siro, not here,” Ibrahimovic said. “The important thing is that I feel good. I missed a few balls at the beginning of the game, but I need to play games to get back in shape.”
Ibrahimovic, 38, signed a six-month deal at the Serie A side in December, with the option of another season. “I feel good, the coach just wanted to think about my age and see if I needed a rest, but there’s no problem” added Ibrahimovic. “My brain is always the same and the body has to follow.”
It was AC Milan’s first win since early December and they move to within four points of sixth-placed Cagliari who occupy the league’s final Europa League spot.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic Goals
- 1999-2001 Malmo: 47 apps, 18 goals
- 2001-04 Ajax: 110 apps, 48 goals
- 2004-06 Juventus: 92 apps, 26 goals
- 2006-09 Inter Milan: 117 apps, 66 goals
- 2009-10 Barcelona: 46 apps, 22 goals
- 2010-12 AC Milan: 85 apps, 56 goals
- 2012-16 PSG: 180 apps, 156 goals
- 2016-18 Man United: 53 apps, 29 goals
- 2018-19 LA Galaxy: 58 apps, 53 goals
- 2019-Present AC Milan : 2pps, 1 goal
With the goal, Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored in four different decades, starting on October 30, 1999 for his local side Malmo against Vastra Frolunda – 7388 days ago.