The 2020-21 UEFA Champions League draw will take place in Switzerland on October 1 while the competition commences later in the month.
The final will be played at Ataturk Stadium in Istanbul, with Bayern Munich defending the title.
Here we see how the teams are sorted out in pots.
The group stage would generally be contested by 32 teams in which six of them are decided by play-offs scheduled on 22/23 and 29/30 September.
Pot 1 will be topped by Champions League and Europa League winners of the previous edition and followed up by champions of the six highest-ranked nations. This season would see Bayern, Sevilla, Real Madrid, Liverpool, PSG, Juventus, Zenit St Petersburg and Porto in this pot.
The remaining of the pots will be sorted in accordance with the club coefficient rankings. The coefficients would be calculated on how the clubs have fared in the past five seasons of the Champions League or based on country coefficients. Higher the coefficients, higher will be the club’s position on pots.
This time Pot 2 would feature the rest of the English clubs minus Liverpool. Barcelona and Atletico Madrid will also be in this pot.
Third and fourth pots will feature Serie A clubs and Ligue 1 clubs.
- Bayern Munich (Champions League winner)
- Sevilla (Europa League winner)
- Real Madrid (La Liga winner)
- Liverpool (Premier League winner)
- PSG (Ligue 1 winner)
- Juventus (Serie A winner)
- Zenit (Russian Premier League winner)
- Porto (Primeira Liga winner)
- Barcelona (Coefficient 128.0)
- Atletico Madrid (Coefficient 127.0)
- Manchester City (Coefficient 116.0)
- Manchester United (Coefficient 100.0)
- Shakhtar Donetsk (Coefficient 85.0)
- Borussia Dortmund (Coefficient 85.0)
- Chelsea (Coefficient 83.0)
- Ajax (Coefficient 69.5)
Pot 3 and 4
- RB Leipzig, (Coefficient 49.0)
- Inter, (Coefficient 44.0)
- Lazio, (Coefficient 41.0)
- Atalanta, (Coefficient 35.0)
- Lokomotiv Moskva, (Coefficient 33.0)
- Marseille, (Coefficient 31.0)
- Club Brugge, (Coefficient 28.0)
- Borussia Monchengladbach, (Coefficient 26.0)
- Istanbul Basaksehir, (Coefficient 21.0)
- Rennes (Coefficient 14.0)
- Red Bull/M Tel-Aviv (Play off)
- Slavia Praha/ Midtjylland (Play off)
- Krasnodar/PAOK (Play off)
- Gent/Dynamo Kyiv (Play off)
- Molde/Ferencvaros (Play off)
- Olympiacos/AC Omonia (Play off)