Lautaro Martinez was rested and Alexis Sanchez started for Inter Milan after a long injury layoff. The later was substituted at 70th minute with Sebastiano Esposito.
The 26-year-old Belgian slotted the first goal after a terrible back-pass by Christian Oliva found Lukau at the top of the box. Borja Valero tapped in from a centre from right flank to make it 2-0. Lukaku headed in his second from a Barella cross from right. Oliva struck low to make it 3-1 for Cagliari before Andrea Ranocchia’s header sealed the win for Inter. Lukaku has now scored 18 goals in 25 appearances for the Italian side.
- Premier and other top Leagues could miss players as AFCON moved to winter
- Tottenham signs Benfica midfielder Gedson Fernandez on loan
- No Neymar in PSG’s Team of the Decade – chosen by France Football
- Quique Setien, the ‘fourth choice’ manager to take charge at Barcelona
- Manchester United agreed Kalidou Koulibaly’s £64m transfer deal
- Aguero becomes top overseas scorer in Premier League history
- Spurs vs Liverpool – Mourinho failed Spurs, then Spurs failed Mourinho
- Neymar scores a double, as PSG held for 3-3 draw by Monaco
- Defending Champion Juventus beat Roma 2-1, as Ronaldo scores
- Real vs Atletico: Courtois and Velverde heroics in Super Cup, Reactions
And in Tuesday’s other match, Lorenzo Insigne scored with two penalty kicks as Napoli defeated Perugia 2-0. Napoli’s former Arsenal goalkeeper David Ospina saved a spot-kick from Pietro Iemmello. Holders Lazio cruised to a 4-0 victory over Serie B strugglers Cremonese, Italy international Ciro Immobile scoring from the spot in the comfortable victory. League champions and 13-time winners Juventus are at home to Udinese in their last-16 match on Wednesday.