The French defender has reportedly skipped the phone calls from Monchi and Lopetegui after Chelsea snub.
The French centre-back was subject to transfer interest from the Londoners throughout the summer window and it was also reported that personal terms had been agreed.
However, as it turned out, Sevilla Sporting director Monchi revealed on the deadline day that Chelsea’s offer was far from their original valuation of 80m euros.
Monchi said: “The only written, formal offer came last Wednesday, around 5 pm. We weren’t satisfied with the offer, and it was linked to Chelsea selling a player. It was a decent fee but it didn’t meet our criteria.
“We haven’t spoken with Chelsea since Friday night. We all decided that it was best Jules didn’t travel to Elche. It’s normal for players to be affected by news of any kind. Last year he had interest from City and now Chelsea this year.
“Kounde’s clause never went up to €90million. It has always been €80m.”
In the aftermath, Kounde is said to be furious over Sevilla for not sanctioning a move to Stamford Bridge, and also have snubbed the phone calls from Monchi and manager Julen Lopetegui.
The Blues managed to sign Saul Niguez from Atletico Madrid on a loan deal in the eleventh hour of the deadline day.
They also sold centre-back Kurt Zouma to West Ham United in a deal worth 29m pounds.