- Bayern Munich begin Bundesliga title defence with a winning against Hoffenheim at the Allianz Arena
- Adam Szalai(shot from 15 yards, 57″) equalised for the visitors 1-1 after Bayern had squandered a host of chances
- Thomas Muller (header from 6 yard, 23″), Robert Lewandowski(Penalty, 82″) and Arjen Robben(volley from 18 yards, 90″) scored for Bayern Munich
- Robert Lewandowski had to retake the spot-kick after Referee review. Initial kick was saved by Baumann and Robben scored on rebound at 79″.
- Kingsley Coman was substituted by Arjen Robben, after he sustained an injury at 44″
- Robert Lewandowski’s goal in second half, was denied as he was in offside.
- Leon Goretzka shot deflected into the back of the net off Muller’s arm in second half. VAR disallowed the goal.
How it progressed…
Bayen controlled the match with 68% of ball possession and took 16 attempts (compared to 8 of Hoffenheim) towards goal. Both have 5 of those attempts in target.
— FC Bayern München (@FCBayern) August 24, 2018
Substitutions: Coman (Robben 45), Martinez (Goretzka 67), Ribery (Rodriguez 83)
Goalscorers: Muller 23, Lewandowksi 82 (pen), Robben 90
— TSG Hoffenheim (@tsghoffenheim) August 24, 2018
Substitutions: Grifo (Zuber 46), Kasim (Akpoguma 67), Vogt (Nordtveit 74)
Goalscorers: Szalai 57
Booked: Schulz, Bittencourt, Kaderabek, Kasim