Juventus and Inter Milan played their crucial Serie A derby behind a closed door at Allianz Stadium in the aftermath of Coronavirus outbreak. Juventus won the match 2-0, as Aaron Ramsey and Paulo Dybala scored the vital goal for the defending champion.
Juventus vs Inter Milan – Goals
- After the goalless first half, Juventus midfielder Ramsey pounced onto a loose ball before firing home the opener.
- Paulo Dybala was brought into the attack by Sarri at 59th minute, he scored a classy second, from Ramsey’s pass dodging three Inter players including Ashley Young before striking the back of the net from 15 yards.
What the Scoreboard won’t tell
- As per government decree, all the matches will be played in the empty stadium until April 3, due to health concern.
- While coming out of team bus, Cristiano Ronaldo pretended to high-five where fans would have been standing on the way into the stadium. But he failed to score for the first time in Serie A since November 10 2019.
- For Inter Milan, today’s match was their last before European Championship engagement against Getafe at San Siro and to be played behind the closed door. Juve will play against Lyon at home in UEFA Champions League Round-of -16.
Results and Records
- With today’s loss, Inter Milan have further moved away from Serie A championship race, as they are now nine points behind the Serie A leader Juventus. Juventus and Lazio have a difference of a single point.
- Juventus have lost only one of last 14 matches with Inter Milan. They have won eight of them.
We considered it with the staff yesterday, because starting with Juan Cuadrado in the trident meant leaving Paulo Dybala and Douglas Costa out. Starting with Douglas allowed us to have both options and Dybala proved a very important card we could whip out at the right time.Maurizio Sarri , Juventus Manager on Combination for the match
This is an important victory, but there are still 12 games to go, so it’s a long road ahead. This was far more what I wanted to see from my Juventus… We had seemed a little empty and flat recently, so we had to choose players who could guarantee more energy, both physical and psychological. That’s the sensation we got in training from these players, but that can change in a couple of weeks.Maurizio Sarri , Juventus Manager on Serie A situation
Gonzalo Higuain played with sacrifice, tried to do defensive work to stop the ball getting to Marcelo Brozovic and naturally that took a lot out of him. When Paulo comes on at those moments of a match, he can be devastating.Maurizio Sarri , Juventus Manager on playing Higuain
After the first goal. I think the game was very even, we started better in the second half. We were in control of the situation, then Ramsey’s goal changed the game on a psychological level. They grew up, we suffered this goal without being able to recover.Antonio Conte, Inter Manager on the loss against Juventus
- UEFA Champions League
- UEFA Champions League Winner: Change in Betting Odds after first-leg
- RB Leipzig vs. Tottenham: Can injury-hit Spurs overturn fate at Leipzig
- La Liga
- Real Betis 2-1 Real Madrid: Zidane’s ‘Worst game of the season’
- Barcelona 1-0 Sociedad: Messi and VAR put Barca at the top of La Liga
- Serie A
- Juventus 2-0 Inter: Ramsey, Dybala scored, as Juve moved to top
- Premier League
- Man United 2-0 Man City: Bruno, McTominay made the difference
- Chelsea 4-0 Everton: Ancelotti’s return to Stamford Bridge was a disaster
- Bournemouth 1-2 Liverpool: Salah, Mane led fight back, Reds back on track
- Arsenal 1-0 West Ham: Lacazette clinched victory for Arsenal