Arsenal beat West Ham 1-0 in a Premier League match at Emirates Stadium, as after VAR drama, Alexandre Lacazette, clinched victory for Arsenal at 78th minute of the match.
Arsenal vs West Ham – Goal
The France forward had to just push the ball into goal when Ozil just provided the ball to strike. The move was orchestrated by Saka through Aubameyang, who took a strike and that ballooned up after a deflection to Ozil. The German midfielder brought the ball down to substitute French striker, who did not make any mistake.
What the scoreboard won’t tell
- Jarrod Bowen’s early shot was tipped on to a post by Arsenal goalkeeper Bernd Leno and Michail Antonio failed to score from two clear chances either side of the interval.
- Bukayo Saka is only 18, but it looks like he is an experienced campaigner. He always kept the left wing super-active. The goal is the result of such Saka initiative.
Results and Records
- Arsenal are unbeaten in eight Premier League matches (W4 D4), the longest current run in current season.
- West Ham have lost their past six Premier League away games, their longest run in fourteen years.
- Arsenal have kept three clean sheets in their past four league games, interestingly as many as they had in their previous 23.
- From last Premier League season, Arsenal have scored 16 goals via substitutes, more than any other side in the competition. Alexandre Lacazette has scored four, which is more than any other player.
- West Ham manager David Moyes has never won at Arsenal in 16 attempts.
The opportunities were there to win and we didn’t take them, I don’t want us to be a hard luck story. I told my players I thought they played well but let’s get rid of that tag. We can’t let that happen again. We have got to be more ruthless. At this stage, I would rather we had not played well and won.David Moyes, West Ham coach
I’m happy because big teams find a way when they aren’t playing well, We are turning the corner in terms of results, but our ship still has to turn a few times more to see what we want to see. It doesn’t happen overnight.Mikel Arteta, Arsenal Coach
- Real Betis 2-1 Real Madrid: Zidane’s ‘Worst game of the season’
- Juventus 2-0 Inter: Ramsey, Dybala scored, as Juve moved to top
- Man United 2-0 Man City: Bruno, McTominay made the difference
- Chelsea 4-0 Everton: Ancelotti’s return to Stamford Bridge was a disaster
- Bournemouth 1-2 Liverpool: Salah, Mane led fight back, Reds back on track
- Barcelona 1-0 Sociedad: Messi and VAR put Barca at the top of La Liga
- Arsenal 1-0 West Ham: Lacazette clinched victory for Arsenal