Real Madrid suffered a shock defeat against Real Betis at Benito Villamarín Stadium, as they squander the chance to move to top slot of La Liga table. Sidnei provided lead to Real Betis, and Benzima equalized for Real Madrid before the break, only to concede another goal by Tello, eight minutes to normal time.
Real Betis vs Real Madrid – Goals
What the Scoreboard wont tell
Results and Records
- With today’s Loss Real Madrid conceded top spot in La Liga to Barcelona. After the El Clasico loss, Barca coach Setien has said that the league is long enough and there will be twist in the tale. The twist came too soon for Real Madrid.
- Real Betis were winless in their last five La Liga home games are against Real Madrid losing, the last three.
- Real Betis were winless in their last six La Liga games before today’s match.
- Real Betis had seven red cards in the La Liga 2019-20s this season, which is highest in the league.
Last 11 Matches for Real and Barca
It was our worst game of the season, We lacked everything; energy, play, possession, intensity. It’s a bad day and it can happen. I’m the one responsible.Zinedine Zidane, Real Madrid Manager
The result is fair enough, We have to be critical of ourselves. It’s bad luck. We didn’t go crazy about the win over Barcelona, we don’t get too down about this either. There’s still a long way to go.Sergio Ramos, Real Madrid
In order to win LaLiga, we have to play well in every game, and we didn’t play well today, If the opponent is the better team, which [Betis] were, we have to congratulate them and keep working because we weren’t at the level we were at in our last game. We didn’t play like we did against Barcelona. [This defeat] could cost us LaLiga, but we have to think game by game.”Casemiro, Real Madrid
- UEFA Champions League
- UEFA Champions League Winner: Change in Betting Odds after first-leg
- RB Leipzig vs. Tottenham: Can injury-hit Spurs overturn fate at Leipzig
- La Liga
- Real Betis 2-1 Real Madrid: Zidane’s ‘Worst game of the season’
- Barcelona 1-0 Sociedad: Messi and VAR put Barca at the top of La Liga
- Serie A
- Juventus 2-0 Inter: Ramsey, Dybala scored, as Juve moved to top
- Premier League
- Man United 2-0 Man City: Bruno, McTominay made the difference
- Chelsea 4-0 Everton: Ancelotti’s return to Stamford Bridge was a disaster
- Bournemouth 1-2 Liverpool: Salah, Mane led fight back, Reds back on track
- Arsenal 1-0 West Ham: Lacazette clinched victory for Arsenal