Liverpool picked up a 2-0 win over Aston Villa in the Premier League today.
The Reds managed to extend their run of home Premier League victories to 24 games thanks to goals from Sadio Mane and Curtis Jones at Anfield.
The home side struggled to break down the Villa defence initially and it took them over an hour to properly dominate the game.
A triple substitution of Wijnaldum, Henderson and Firmino helped Liverpool break the deadlock. Sadio Mane scored the first goal for the home side on the 71st minute and Curtis Jones wrapped up the points with a late goal.
The youngster signed a long term deal with Liverpool recently and he will be delighted to have chipped in with a vital goal for Jurgen Klopp’s side.
Liverpool are now on 89 points and they will be looking to pick up 100 points in total this season.
It has been a record-breaking season for Liverpool and they have already won the title. They will be looking to match City’s feat as the centurions.
It will be interesting to see if the Reds can now finish the season strongly.
Klopp will be happy with his side’s reaction here. The Reds lost their last game 4-0 to Manchester City and they needed to bounce back with a win here.
Although Villa tried their best, Liverpool managed to grind out the result eventually.
The defeat leaves Aston Villa 19th in the table and they will need a massive stroke of luck to stay up now.
- PSG agreed conditionally on Neymar return to Barcelona
- Mason Greenwood – former players praised United player
- Lampard outlines the importance of having Willian and Giroud
- Manchester United signed Nemanja Matic, to loan out Eric Bailly
- Barcelona 4-1 Villarreal: Barcelona kept La Liga hope alive
- Southampton 1-0 Man City: Adams scores from 40 yards
- Real 1-0 Athletic: Ramos scored the winner from spot
- Arsenal 2-0 Wolves: Six Talking points
- Man United 5-2 Bournemouth: Greenwood, Rashford, Martial, Bruno scored
- Juventus 4-1 Torino: Ronaldo scored 25th goal of this season
- Barcelona star Lionel Messi linked with a move away from Camp Nou
- Bayern 4-2 Bayer: Bayern won DFB-Pokal, Lewandowski broke records
- Klopp: Liverpool won’t spend much during this summer transfer