Manchester United have agreed on a new deal with midfielder Nemanja Matic.
The Serbian was expected to leave the club at one point but his performances have now convinced the Red Devils to keep him at the club for three more years.
The midfielder’s new deal will expire in the summer of 2023.
Matic has been in great form since the restart and he has been a key player for Manchester United. He will be crucial to their hopes of finishing in the top four this season.
Manchester United have been very impressive in their last few games and they will be hoping to carry that momentum into the remaining games of the season as well.
Matic will be hoping to help the Red Devils get back to their glory days now that he will be there for a few more seasons.
In other news, the Old Trafford outfit are looking to loan out Eric Bailly.
The former Villarreal man has not been at his best for a while now and he has fallen down the pecking order at the club.
He is no longer a regular starter and it will be interesting to see if Bailly manages to regain his form and confidence with a loan spell. Bailly has made just seven appearances in all competitions this season after missing the first seven months with a serious knee injury.
He needs to join a club where he can play more often and he needs a manager who will trust in his ability.
- PSG agreed conditionally on Neymar return to Barcelona
- Mason Greenwood – former players praised United player
- Lampard outlines the importance of having Willian and Giroud
- Barcelona 4-1 Villarreal: Barcelona kept La Liga hope alive
- Liverpool 2-0 Aston Villa: Mane, Jones scored at Anfield
- Southampton 1-0 Man City: Adams scores from 40 yards
- Real 1-0 Athletic: Ramos scored the winner from spot
- Arsenal 2-0 Wolves: Six Talking points
- Man United 5-2 Bournemouth: Greenwood, Rashford, Martial, Bruno scored
- Juventus 4-1 Torino: Ronaldo scored 25th goal of this season
- Barcelona star Lionel Messi linked with a move away from Camp Nou
- Bayern 4-2 Bayer: Bayern won DFB-Pokal, Lewandowski broke records
- Klopp: Liverpool won’t spend much during this summer transfer