- Ballon d’Or ranking was leaked in social media
- Lionel Messi, Virgil van Dijk and Cristiano Ronaldo were considered front-runner for Ballon d’Or 2019
- Images showed Messi to be clear winner for this year’s award
Images of Ballon d’Or Rankings have been leaked into Twitter, clearly showing the ranking of the top contenders for the coveted award.
It’s expected to be a three-cornered contest between Barcelona’s Lionel Messi, Juventus’s Cristiano Ronaldo, and Liverpool’s Virgil van Dijk. Still, as per the leak, Messi looks like a clear winner, followed by Virgil van Dijk at the second place. The image shows Messi as the winner, with 446 votes, while Virgil van Dijk and Cristiano Ronaldo received 382 and 133 votes, respectively.
Mohamed Salah is in third place ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo. CR7 was followed again by Sadio Mane and Alisson Becker of Liverpool. It’s incredible to see four players in the top six bracket from a single team.
- Ballon d’Or 2019: Spanish and Italian media leaked winner name with contradictory claims
- Ballon d’Or 2019: Betting Odds favouring Lionel Messi
Voting for the annual award has long been completed, and official announcement for the award is on Monday, December 2, at France Football’s award ceremony in Paris.
It’s as not yet clear authenticity information leaked on social media. The document is claimed to have come from an ‘anonymous source’. We may have to wait few hours for the announcement of Ballon d’Or winner 2019 to know if there is any truth behind these rankings.