French publication L’Equipe have recently published annual list of World’s highest paid footballers and managers in world football.
As expected, Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar are there in top of the players’ list. However, it may have some element of surprise to the football fans to discover that Messi currently earns almost double of what Ronaldo earns.
The Barcelona legend, who found himself in a controversy, after publicly calling out Barca’s sporting director Eric Abidal, earns €8.3 million gross per month as wages from FC Barcelona. Ronaldo, on the other hand, earns €4.5 million as wages per month.
Here are World’s highest-paid players, according to L’Equipe..
|4||Antoine Griezmann||Just under €3m|
|4||Luis Suarez||Just under €3m|
|10||David de Gea||€1.7m|
|11||Kevin de Bruyne||€1.6m|
Highest Paid Footballer in Ligue 1
Neymar and Mbappe are the top earners in Ligue 1 and L’Equipe have also revealed that the 10 highest-paid players, and these are all Paris Saint-Germain players…
Highest Paid Footballer in Premier League
Over in the Premier League, Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea is the Premier League’s highest-paid footballer with €1.76 million gross per month, followed by Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil (€1.64m per month), Manchester City duo Kevin De Bruyne (€1.64m per month) and Raheem Sterling (€1.4m per month) and Paul Pogba (€1.36m per month).
World’s Highest Paid Manager
No player in Premier League, is earning as much as Man City manager Pep Guardiola, who earns €1.94 million per month. He is followed by Jose Mourinho (€1.46 million per month) of Spurs, and Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp who earns the same amount as Tottenham’s manager.
But Guardiola is not the world’s highest-paid manager.
That honour falls, unexpectedly, to Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone, who earns an eye-watering €3.6 million per month. That’s even more money than Neymar makes in a month.
- Osasuna 1-4 Real: Real Madrid fight back to win, stay clear at top
- Juventus 1:2 Verona – Champion stunned, Ronaldo set a new record
- Everton 3:1 Palace – Everton set for Champions League race
- Emmanuel Petit: Messi’d struggle in Premier League. He’s not Ronaldo!
- Bayern president labels Ronaldo ‘too old’, refuting transfer claim
- World’s highest paid footballers and managers in 2020
- Barcelona 0-1 Athletic – Barca knocked out of Copa del Rey at injury time
- Madrid 3-4 Sociedad – Odegaard, Isak dished Real a shocker