- Manchester United presents complete different side with Pogba martialing well in the mid-field
- Young Boys started well and gave Manchester United defence hard time till United scored in 34th minute.
- Paul Pogba scored twice (35′ and 44′, later one from penalty) before break, to take the game away from Young Boys.
- After second goal, Manchester was overwhelming presence but once MU put the third goal, Young Boys did not have any chance for come back.
- Martial scored at 66′ while Pogba assists. Pogba was substituted by Andreas Pereira at 67′
- Dalot make Manchester United debut in UEFA Champions League match and had a good game.
- Fred picked yellow card at 49′ and was replaced by Juan Mata at 69′
As the Match progressed
Manchester United had 55% ball possession and 16 attempts for goal, whereas Young Boys had 17 attempts. United had 5 of them on target, whereas Young Boys had 4 of them on target.
Paul Pogba: “It (first goal) was a beautiful goal. It happens sometimes – I’m very happy for it. Hopefully I can score more goals, but the result is the most important thing. With the penalty, I tried to stabilise the goalkeeper and to put it in. Thankfully I did.”
Paul Pogba: “It was a good result for us. We didn’t concede a goal and scored three – it was a very good day for us. It’s important to enjoy yourselves on the pitch. We deserve to be here. We had a tough season in the Champions League last season – we want to do much better this season.”
José Mourinho: “I felt Paul was a bit tired in the last part of the game, but he was class. He gave the team the pace we needed at times, keeping possession and keeping control of the tempo. The goal was good, and the penalty showed personality.”
Diogo Dalot: “It was great to make my debut. My team-mates helped me feel comfortable. It was difficult – Young Boys made it hard for us. They are used to playing here in front of their own fans.”
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) September 19, 2018
— BSC Young Boys (@BSC_YB) September 19, 2018