- Real Madrid had one single agenda to prove this year – performance in last three years, were not one man show.
- Roma, semi-finalist of last edition, started their campaign to better this year’s performance.
- Jelen Lopetegui had tough task in hand after tremendously successful Zidane era in Real Madrid.
- Real Madrid proved sceptics wrong to clinch 3-0 victory against Roma, where Isco (45′), Bale (58′) and Mariano (90+1′) scored.
- The day Ronaldo had devastating new begining in champions league with Juventus, Real Madrid seems to move on with new No. 7, Mariano. He proved his mettle with a brilliant goal with 17 minutes on pitch.
- Navas and Olsen, both the goal-keepers were brilliant under the bar and saved their respective teams couple of times.
As the Match Progressed
Real Madrid had 59% ball possession and 30 attempts for goal, whereas Roma had 12 attempts. Real Madrid had 11 of them attempts on target, whereas Roma had 4 of them on target.
— Real Madrid C.F. 🇬🇧🇺🇸 (@realmadriden) September 20, 2018
— Real Madrid C.F. 🇬🇧🇺🇸 (@realmadriden) September 19, 2018
— AS Roma (@OfficialASRoma) September 19, 2018