Ajax defender Nicolas Tagliafico has been linked with a move to the Premier League this summer.
Apparently, Arsenal are keen on the player. But they aren’t the only London club after him.
Chelsea are keen on the 27-year-old as well. As per Telegraph, the Ajax defender could join Chelsea in the coming months.
The Blues have been told to pay £22.4million for the player.
Tagliafico has done well for Ajax in the Dutch league and in the European competitions. He could prove to be an upgrade on Palmieri and Alonso next season.
Chelsea are very interested in Leicester City’s Ben Chilwell as well but the England international is likely to cost a lot.
He is a key player for Brendan Rodgers and the Foxes are under no pressure to sell.
Furthermore, Chilwell is a better talent than Tagliafico as well.
The Ajax ace is a cheaper alternative and it will be interesting to see if the Blues can agree on a deal with the Dutch giants for him.
Chelsea must look to improve their defence this summer.
They have been leaky at the back and they cannot afford to go into the next season with the same defensive unit.
The likes of Liverpool and Man City have better defenders and Chelsea will have to match up to that quality if they want to fight for the top honours next year.
They have already signed Ziyech from Ajax and they will be hoping to negotiate another signing soon.
- Arsenal Transfer Update: David Luiz, Coutinho, Matt Smith
- Man United Transfer Update: Camavinga, Ighalo, Sancho-Sanchez Swap
- Liverpool Transfer Update: Houssem Aouar, Timo Werner, Kylian Mbappe
- Chelsea is interested in £22.4m Ajax left-back Nicolas Tagliafico
- Mourinho confirmed Tottenham players are fit after injury layoffs
- PSG-Inter agreement reached on Mauro Icardi?
- Hertha 2-2 Leipzig: Leipzig conceded second spot with a draw