Inter Milan register a 2-0 win against Ludogorets at Ludogorets Arena in in the Europa League last 32, as Christian Eriksen scored his first Inter Milan goal and Romelu Lukaku increased the margin from a penalty during injury time.
This is a change from the fate of last two matches, where then Serie A topper lost to first Napoli and then Lazio in Coppa Italia and Serie A matches respectively.
Inter Milan vs Ludogorets – Goals
The former Spurs midfielder, who joined Milan side in January, slotted home from the edge of penalty box, after Romelu Lukaku’s lay-off with about 20 minutes remaining. The Danish playmaker also hit the bar with a shot from 25 yards before Inter Milan made it 2-0.
Since joining Antonio Conte’s side Eriksen had played 137 minutes across five matches but failed to register a goal or assist. However, on a night that Inter controlled – limiting the hosts to just one off-target effort – his calm finish into the bottom right-hand corner past Plamen Iliev demonstrated his quality.
Manchester United loanee Alexis Sanchez also started along side Lautaro Martinez, while Lukaku came off bench at 64″ to substitute the Argentinian. The other substitutions by Inter were also interesting, as former Chelsea winger Victor Moses and Ashley Young came off the bench as a second-half substitute.
The second leg takes place at the San Siro next Thursday (27 January).
- Bayern 3-2 Paderborn: Late Lewandowski winner ensures top spot
- Arsenal 1-0 Olymoiacos: Lacazette snatched an away win for Gunners
- Inter 2-0 Ludogorets: Eriksen, Lukaku put Inter in driver’s seat
- Bruges 1-1 Man United: Martial levels as United secure a away draw
- Erling Haaland reveals Cristiano Ronaldo as his ‘role model’
- Erling Haaland Transfer: Why Barcelona didn’t sign 19-year-old
- Neymar attributes tame performance to PSG’s handling of injury
- Atalanta 4-1 Valencia: Atalanta almost in quarter final
- RB Leipzig 1-0 Tottenham: Timo Werner scored from a penalty
- Tottenham vs RB Leipzig: Son out with injury, Spurs desperate for options
- Dortmund 2-1 PSG: Haaland prevails over Neymar-Mbappe with a double
- Atletico 1-0 Liverpool: Simeone’s Masterclass at Wanda Metropolitano
- PSG vs Dortmund: Neymar-Mbappe vs Haaland-Sancho – Winner?
- Atletico vs Liverpool: Felix out, Costa back, Can Simeone stop Liverpool?