Bayern Munich beat Paderborn 3-2 at Allianz Arena, in an entertaining contest between the table topper and a team at the bottom of the Bundesliga table. Bayern Munich were set to lose points, when Robert Lewandowski scored the winner at 86th minute. Lewandowski has scored 25 goals in 23 Bundesliga outings this season.
Bayern Munich moved four points clear over RB Leipzig, at the top of the Bundesliga table with victory over Paderborn. Paderborn are currently at 18th place of Bundesliga table and fighting to avoid relegation.
Bayern Munich vs Paderborn – Goals
Lewandowski struck an 88th-minute winner from Serge Gnabry’s cross after Sven Michel had drawn Paderborn level for a second time with 15 minutes left.
Gnabry gave Bayern a 25th-minute lead, when his shot from 8 yards found back of the net. But an error by Manuel Neuer saw Dennis Srbeny make it 1-1 before half-time, as the German goalkeeper left the goal and completely misjudged the ball. Dennis Srbeny had three more Bayern defender desperate to deny him the goal, but he levelled the score at 1-1 for Paderborn.
It appeared defending champions Bayern, who won against Paderborn 3-2 in September, would hand Leipzig the chance to go top until Lewandowski’s late winner as they struggled to make their dominance count against Paderborn.
Gnabry’s composed opener was cancelled out after Neuer raced out from his box only to be foxed by Srbeny, who did not miss the chance to level.
After Lewandowski restored the host’s advantage from close range from a cross from Gnabry, Neuer then parried Dennis Jastrzembski’s shot into the path of Michel, who was following up at further post.
RB Leipzig can close the gap to one point if they beat Schalke on Saturday.
- Bayern 3-2 Paderborn: Late Lewandowski winner ensures top spot
- Serie A
- Juventus 2-1 SPAL: Juve at top, CR7 scored 725 goals from 1000 games
- La Liga
- Barcelona 5-0 Eibar: Messi scored four, Braithwaite had dream debut
- UEFA Champions League
- Atalanta 4-1 Valencia: Atalanta almost in quarter final
- RB Leipzig 1-0 Tottenham: Timo Werner scored from a penalty
- Dortmund 2-1 PSG: Haaland prevails over Neymar-Mbappe with a double
- Atletico 1-0 Liverpool: Simeone’s Masterclass at Wanda Metropolitano
- UEFA Europa League
- Arsenal 1-0 Olymoiacos: Lacazette snatched an away win for Gunners
- Inter 2-0 Ludogorets: Eriksen, Lukaku put Inter in driver’s seat
- Bruges 1-1 Man United: Martial levels as United secure a away draw