Romelu Lukaku scored twice as Inter Milan beat Napoli 3-1 at San Paolo Stadium to return to the top of Serie A.
Juventus went to the top of the Serie A table earlier on Monday with a 4-0 win over Cagliari before Inter’s win put them back ahead.
Lukaku gave Inter the lead after a fine run from inside his own half and his powerful shot crossed the goal-line after hitting the post. He added a second with a volley from the top of the box, that went through goalkeeper Alex Meret’s legs.
Napoli’s Arkadiusz Milik scored from Jose Callejon’s low cross, but Lautaro Martinez then grabbed Inter’s third.
- La Liga
- Real Madrid 3-0 Getafe: Raphael Varane scored double
- Atletico Madrid 2-1 Levante: Atletico won fourth time in a row
- Barcelona 2-2 Espanyol: Barcelona conceded lead after De Jong red
- Serie A
- Juventus 4-0 Cagliari: Ronaldo scores first Serie-A hat-trick
- Milan 0-0 Sampdoria: Zlatan comes as substitute on Milan return
- Inter 3-1 Napoli: Lukaku and Martinez put Inter at the top of Serie-A
Lukaku has scored 14 Serie A goals this season after his £74m deal, saw him moving from Old Trafford in August. Only Ciro Immobile of Lazio, has scored more league goals (19) in Italy in 2019-20 than the 26-year-old Belgian. Cristiano Ronaldo is third in the goalscoring charts on 13 after he grabbed his first Serie A hat-trick for Juventus in their simple home victory.
Both Inter and Juventus are with 45 points from 18 matches, six clear of third-placed Lazio (though Lazio played a match less), while Napoli, who have lost two of their three matches since they sacked Carlo Ancelotti in December, are eighth.