Cristiano Ronaldo scored his first Serie-A hat-trick as defending champion Juventus beat Cagliari 4-0 in Allianz stadium.
CR7 took advantage of a defensive error by Ragnar Klavan early in the second half to give the defending champions the lead after the break, before scoring a penalty after Marko Rog fouled Paulo Dybala inside the penalty area.
The 34-year-old Ronaldo then set up Gonzalo Higuain to put Juve 3-0 up. Very next minute, he got his 56th career hat-trick when he slipped the ball under goalkeeper Robin Olsen. Portugal legend is in his best scoring run since his $ 125 millions move from Real Madrid in 2018, scoring in each of his past five Serie A games.
- La Liga
- Real Madrid 3-0 Getafe: Raphael Varane scored double
- Atletico Madrid 2-1 Levante: Atletico won fourth time in a row
- Barcelona 2-2 Espanyol: Barcelona conceded lead after De Jong red
- Serie A
- Juventus 4-0 Cagliari: Ronaldo scores first Serie-A hat-trick
- Milan 0-0 Sampdoria: Zlatan comes as substitute on Milan return
- Inter 3-1 Napoli: Lukaku and Martinez put Inter at the top of Serie-A
Juventus temporarily went top of the league but Inter Milan’s 3-1 win at Napoli later on Monday – with two goals from Romelu Lukaku and one from Martinez – put them back into first place on goal difference.
It was Ronaldo’s second hat-trick for Juve, having scored three against Atletico Madrid in last season’s Champions League away match in round of 16. He has scored three hat-tricks for his national side during the same period.
Cristiano Ronaldo is the second player after Alexis Sanchez to score a hat-trick in the Premier League, La Liga and Serie A.