Neymar is reportedly interested in renewing at Paris Saint-Germain, in contrast to moving to Catalonia in next summer. In other words, he desires to do the complete opposite of what he did during the last transfer window.
Rumours on the ’10’s future were around for days. In the summer transfer window, the ex-Barca man ended up becoming very close to returning to the Camp Nou, but then things stalled and any chance of a move was off.
In those desperate times, he could have even signed for Real Madrid as per reports, which said he was on his way to the Bernabeu. In the end, he stayed as the negotiation fell through. And after some protest, PSG fans also gradually accepted that he was staying on.
PSG management and Neymar have handled the delicate situation quite well, and the Brazilian seems more integrated than ever before. He is not only not thinking of leaving, but he is also willing to renew his contract with the club presided by Al-Khelaifi.
The Brazilian will perhaps stay and focus on PSG under one condition. And that is dependent on PSG’s performance in the Champions League during the next couple of months. Coming months will be crucial to Neymar’s decision. He would be persuaded to renew, if the French side do well in the Champions League and finally get close to winning it.
Neymar has played 15 matches for the Parisian outfit in 2019-20 season. His Statistics, 1276 minutes, 13 goals and seven assists prove that he is still an outstanding player.
- Sarri: Messi with one more Ballon d’Or than Ronaldo is ‘annoying’
- Neymar open to new deal, if PSG fare well in Champions league
- PSG 4-1 Monaco: Mbappe scores double, Neymar and Sarabia one each
- UEFA altered ‘Team of the Year’ formation to fit in Cristiano Ronaldo
- Juventus 4:0 Udinese: Paulo Dybala – an outcast to shining as captain
- Tottenham signs Benfica midfielder Gedson Fernandez on loan
- No Neymar in PSG’s Team of the Decade – chosen by France Football
- Quique Setien, the ‘fourth choice’ manager to take charge at Barcelona
- Manchester United agreed Kalidou Koulibaly’s £64m transfer deal
- Aguero becomes top overseas scorer in Premier League history
- Spurs vs Liverpool – Mourinho failed Spurs, then Spurs failed Mourinho
- Neymar scores a double, as PSG held for 3-3 draw by Monaco