Ligue 1 Golden Boot winner Kylian Mbappe has called for Wissam Ben Yedder of Monaco, to share of the coveted award after equalling his tally of 18 goals for 2019-20 season.
Ligue 1 took the decision to name Paris Saint-Germain as champions of France for the third consecutive season. As the league was not possible to commence and complete as per schedule, the authorities decided to cancel Ligue 1.
Thomas Tuchel’s PSG was sitting on the top of the league 1 championship, 12 points clear of Maseille and were subsequently awarded the title on a points-per-game basis.
Afterwards Ligue 1 officially named Kylian Mbappe of Paris Saint-Germain as the golden boot winner for the season, despite Mbappe and Wissam Ben Yedder were joint top scorer of the League when it was called off.
The French superstar of Paris based club, was given the award outright due to the fact all of his goals came from open play, whereas three of his countryman’s efforts came from the penalty spot.
21-year-old has now taken to social media to urge the LFP (Ligue de Football Professionnel) to give Ben Yedder a share of the trophy, while referencing the precedence from Premier 2018-19 season. At the end, Premier League decided to split Golden Boot between Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah and Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang.
Thank you all for your messages. I do think that Wissam also deserves a trophy, as it did in the Premier League last season to reward his yearKylian Mbappe on Twitter
- Giggs: Only four escaped Ferguson’s ‘hairdryer treatment’ at United
- Mbappe wants to share Ligue 1 Golden Boot with Ben Yedder
- Man United to make Goalkeeper decision: De Gea or Henderson?
- Bukayo Saka: With Arsenal deal pending, receives Liverpool interest
- Transfer: Real Madrid end interest to sign Paul Pogba
- Cavani open to an extension at PSG, amid interest from Inter and Atletico