Edinson Cavani seems to open to extending his PSG contract amid interest from Inter Milan and Atletico Madrid, according to reports.
The Uruguayan striker’s current contract at PSG is set to expire in June, and he has been linked with a move away from the French champions. He almost made his move to Atletico Madrid in the January window, but since then he has also been linked to Inter Milan, Chelsea and Manchester United.
But according to L’Equipe, the forward may have changed his mind after initially decided to leave Paris. The report claims Cavani could look to extend his contract after being there with PSG for seven seasons now.
PSG director Leonardo is also thought to be open to the possibility with the club set for a difficult summer due to the financial impact of coronavirus. The club is already aware that their prized asset Kylian Mbappe and Neymar could be safe as the PSG chief has reportedly reviewed the transfer situation with conclusion any big-money deals unrealistic post Coronavirus pandemic.
Mauro Icardi is currently on loan from Inter Milan but L’Equipe claim PSG could look to save around £60million or more by keeping Cavani, rather than pursuing a permanent deal for Icardi. On the other hand, Cavani was heavily linked with a move to Atletico and Chelsea in January, but a move failed to realise.
The Uruguayan forward has seven goals and three assists in all competitions this season. France’s Ligue 1 season was cancelled at the end of April due to the pandemic with PSG being awarded the title.
- Giggs: Only four escaped Ferguson’s ‘hairdryer treatment’ at United
- Mbappe wants to share Ligue 1 Golden Boot with Ben Yedder
- Man United to make Goalkeeper decision: De Gea or Henderson?
- Bukayo Saka: With Arsenal deal pending, receives Liverpool interest
- Transfer: Real Madrid end interest to sign Paul Pogba
- Cavani open to an extension at PSG, amid interest from Inter and Atletico