Dortmund have rolled past Brugge with the 3-0 win.
Borussia Dortmund have comfortably defeated Club Brugge away after goals from Thorgan Hazard and Erling Haaland.
Hazard scored the opening goal in little less than 15 minutes and it also marked his first Champions League goal since joining Dortmund last summer.
Erling Haaland doubled the lead minutes later when he scored a scrambling goal in the penalty box. The Norwegian’s header was initially saved by Simon Mignolet but he got lucky with the second attempt.
The 20-year-old scored his second of the night around the half-hour mark, this time a relatively easy finish.
The second half saw none of the teams score goals although the visitors came closer with two or more chances.
Dortmund have recovered well since their loss to Lazio on the opening matchday.
Haaland’s uncanny ability to score goals consistently has helped Dortmund being a side to be reckoned with in both Bundesliga and Champions League.
Now the win also sends Black and Yellow to the top of Group F in UCL. Meanwhile, Brugge have seen a win, a defeat and a draw so far in the Champions League this season.
Lucian Favre has led Dortmund to only one defeat in Bundesliga this season, currently tied on points with table leaders Bayern Munich.
Last season saw Die Borussen getting eliminated in the round of 16 by PSG but this time they will push a little harder, having talents like Bellingham, Sancho, Reyna at the helm.
Other Matches today,
- Leipzig 2-1 PSG: PSG in disarray without big-guns; Gueye, Kimpembe see red
- Ferencvaros 1-4 Juventus: Morata double seals 3-points for Juventus
- Sevilla 3-2 Krasnodar: Rakitic, En-Nesyri led a comeback win
- Barcelona 2-1 Kyiv: Barcelona edge past Dynamo Kyiv
- Chelsea 3-0 Rennes: Werner double keeps Chelsea on top of Group
- Man United slip to a shock 2-1 defeat against Basaksehir
- Zenit 1-1 Lazio: Caicedo grabs late equaliser for Lazio