Manchester United crashed to a 2-1 defeat against Istanbul Basaksehir in the Champions League earlier today.
Former Premier League striker Demba Ba gave Istanbul their lead in the 12th minute of the first half.
Edin Visca doubled the home side’s advantage on the 40th minute.
Manchester United were shocking at the back and they were rightly punished twice in the first half.
Anthony Martial got the away side back into the game with a goal on the 43rd minute but Manchester United failed to capitalise on that and score the leveller later on in the game.
Manchester United managed to beat Paris Saint-Germain and RB Leipzig in their first two group games and tonight’s defeat will be a shocking result for the fans.
Istanbul Basaksehir are easily the weakest team in the group and Manchester United should have beaten them without any problems.
The defeat tonight could seriously damage Manchester United’s morale and momentum. They came into the game needing a win after the defeat against Arsenal in the Premier League.
It will be interesting to see how Manchester United bounce back from this in their next outing.
Solskjaer is already under pressure after a poor start to the League season and it will be interesting to see if he can hold on to his job if the results do not improve immediately.
Other matches today,
- Club Brugge 0-3 Dortmund: Unstoppable Haaland fires a brace
- Leipzig 2-1 PSG: PSG in disarray without big-guns; Gueye, Kimpembe see red
- Ferencvaros 1-4 Juventus: Morata double seals 3-points for Juventus
- Sevilla 3-2 Krasnodar: Rakitic, En-Nesyri led a comeback win
- Barcelona 2-1 Kyiv: Barcelona edge past Dynamo Kyiv
- Chelsea 3-0 Rennes: Werner double keeps Chelsea on top of Group
- Zenit 1-1 Lazio: Caicedo grabs late equaliser for Lazio