Chelsea picked up a 3-0 win over Rennes in the Champions League earlier tonight at Stamford Bridge.
Summer signing Timo Werner scored a brace for the Blues in the first half and Tammy Abraham wrapped up the scoring five minutes into the second half.
Both teams made several changes to the side around the hour mark but Chelsea failed to increase their advantage and the away side struggled to get back into the game.
Frank Lampard will be relatively pleased with his team’s performance tonight and Chelsea will be hoping to build on this.
Chelsea were favourites heading into this game and the fans will be satisfied with the outcome. However, they will be hoping that their side can improve in the coming weeks.
Despite the win, Chelsea were lacking in creativity and they need to be more imaginative going forward.
The Blues are currently sitting on top of the group E and they are yet to lose in the Champions League this season.
Meanwhile the French outfit are third in the table, six points behind Chelsea and Sevilla.
They will have to win their remaining games in order to stand a chance of qualification to the knockout rounds of the competition.
Chelsea have had a mixed start to the Premier League season but they have been quite impressive in the Champions League and they will be hoping to continue their rich vein of form in the European competition in the coming months.
Other matches today,
- Club Brugge 0-3 Dortmund: Unstoppable Haaland fires a brace
- Leipzig 2-1 PSG: PSG in disarray without big-guns; Gueye, Kimpembe see red
- Ferencvaros 1-4 Juventus: Morata double seals 3-points for Juventus
- Sevilla 3-2 Krasnodar: Rakitic, En-Nesyri led a comeback win
- Barcelona 2-1 Kyiv: Barcelona edge past Dynamo Kyiv
- Man United slip to a shock 2-1 defeat against Basaksehir
- Zenit 1-1 Lazio: Caicedo grabs late equaliser for Lazio