Marco Reus, Jadon Sancho, and Thorgan Hazard all found back of the net, as Borussia Dortmund hit five past Fortuna Düsseldorf to leap into the third spot of Bundesliga table.
Jadon Sancho scored twice, becoming only the fourth teenager to score 20 Bundesliga goals. The 19-year-old England international also missed his hat-trick when his first effort was ruled out by VAR before scoring his opener after a one-two with Marco Reus. His second and fifth Dortmund goal was from an assist by Achraf Hakimi.
Sancho has now netted in four straight games for Dortmund, the longest scoring run of his professional career. It was the third brace of his Bundesliga career. The English teenager has scored seven goals and provided six assists so far this season. No Dortmund player has contributed to more goals in 2019/20.
Reus also scored twice at 42′ and 69′ of the match, with Thorgan Hazard netting their other. Reus’ goal means he has now scored against every current Bundesliga team except Union Berlin. Hazard scored his 34th Bundesliga goal and therefore went ahead of Emile Mpenza as the most prolific Belgian in Bundesliga history.
Along with Sancho, the other player who scored 20 goals as teenager is Bayer Leverkusen forward Kai Havertz (24). He is now 20 – and others have already retired.
Borussia Dortmund players were wearing a black shirt to celebrate their 110th anniversary. They have moved up to third in Bundesliga table, two points ahead of seventh-placed champions Bayern Munich, while Fortuna Dusseldorf dropped into the relegation play-off spot.
- Premier League
- Tottenham vs Burnley: Spurs look like a different side, win 5-0
- Liverpool vs Bournemouth: Liverpool look like champion this time, win 3-0
- Man United vs Man City: James, Rashford and Martial shine in United win
- La Liga
- Barcelona vs Mallorca: Messi scored a hat-trick as Barcelona win 5-2
- Real Madrid vs Espanyol: 10 men Real beat Espanyol 2-0
- Atletico vs Villarreal: ‘Toothless’ Atletico at 7th place in table
- Serie A
- Inter vs Roma: Conte slammed San Siro jeers after draw
- Juventus vs Lazio: 10 men Juventus lost to Lazio 1-3
- Bayern vs Mönchengladbach: Bayern conceded the lead to lose 1-2
- Dortmund vs Fortuna: BVB destroyed Dusseldoft 5-0
- Ligue 1
- PSG vs Montpellier: Neymar inspired late comeback, as PSG win 3-1