Barcelona edge past Dynamo Kyiv in the Champions League.
Barcelona picked up a 2-1 win over Dynamo Kiev in the Champions League earlier tonight at Camp Nou.
Lionel Messi gave the Spanish Giants their lead five minutes into the game. The Argentine star converted from the penalty spot.
Gerard Pique a doubled barcelona’s advantage on the 65th minute with a fantastic header.
Barcelona came close to increasing their advantage for the away side did well to contain the Spanish outfit after going down 2-0.
Dynamo Kiev managed to get on the scoresheet on the 75th minute when Victor Tsygankov scored.
The home side would have expected a more comfortable win and Ronald Koeman will be demanding a better performance from his players in the next few games.
Barcelona have now won all three group games and they are sitting on top of Group G.
Juventus are in second place with six points and the Spanish outfit will be hoping to finish on top of the group. They will have to perform better if they want to beat Juventus in the return fixture of the group stages.
Barcelona were lacking in attack tonight and the inferior quality of the opposition bailed them out in the end.
Meanwhile Dynamo Kiev have one point from their three group games and they need a massive stroke of luck to make it to the knockout rounds of the tournament.
It seems highly likely that they will end up in the Europa League by finishing third in the table.
Other matches today,
- Club Brugge 0-3 Dortmund: Unstoppable Haaland fires a brace
- Leipzig 2-1 PSG: PSG in disarray without big-guns; Gueye, Kimpembe see red
- Ferencvaros 1-4 Juventus: Morata double seals 3-points for Juventus
- Sevilla 3-2 Krasnodar: Rakitic, En-Nesyri led a comeback win
- Chelsea 3-0 Rennes: Werner double keeps Chelsea on top of Group
- Man United slip to a shock 2-1 defeat against Basaksehir
- Zenit 1-1 Lazio: Caicedo grabs late equaliser for Lazio