Lazio have pulled off a draw against Zenit after a late strike from Felipe Caicedo.
Lazio have shared points against Zenit on the matchday 3 of the Champions League at Krestovsky Stadium.
The visitors weren’t strongest on the paper as stars like Ciro Immobile, Thomas Strakosha, Lucas Leiva have been suspected of COVID 19.
It reflected on their performances as Lazio went 1-0 down at the half-hour mark, failing to make an impact throughout the first half. Yerokhin scorer the goal for the hosts after a series of headers exchanged in the box. He then slotted a volley whilst being near to the post.
Lazio continued to be clueless in the second half until Felipe Caicedo came off the bench to pull off an equaliser. The 31-year-old has helped the Biancocelesti avoid a defeat and maintain a hundred per cent record against Zenit in European competitions.
Caicedo also scored the dramatic injury-time winner in Lazio’s 4-3 win over Torino last week and he has produced a similar display now against the Russian champions.
Lazio are off to an impressive start on their Champions League return whereas Zenit are still in search of their first win.
Simone Inzaghi will be happy with the result despite the lack of resources at his hand. Lazio are slowly getting back to their usual best following an unimpressive start to Serie A, losing against the likes of Atalanta and Sampdoria. However, they kicked off their Champions League campaign with a win against Dortmund, then followed with a draw against Club Brugge.
Other matches today,
- Club Brugge 0-3 Dortmund: Unstoppable Haaland fires a brace
- Leipzig 2-1 PSG: PSG in disarray without big-guns; Gueye, Kimpembe see red
- Ferencvaros 1-4 Juventus: Morata double seals 3-points for Juventus
- Sevilla 3-2 Krasnodar: Rakitic, En-Nesyri led a comeback win
- Barcelona 2-1 Kyiv: Barcelona edge past Dynamo Kyiv
- Chelsea 3-0 Rennes: Werner double keeps Chelsea on top of Group
- Man United slip to a shock 2-1 defeat against Basaksehir