Borussia Moenchengladbach picked up a stunning 6-0 win over Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions League earlier today.
After the win over Real Madrid, few would have expected Shakhtar to crash to such a heavy defeat against the German outfit especially at home.
They were excellent against the Spanish giants and they certainly have the quality to trouble the Germans.
Alassane Plea scored the opening goal of the game on the 8th minute and Valerii Bondar doubled Gladbach’s advantage nine minutes later.
Alassane Plea doubled his tally for the night on the 26th minute and Rami Bensebaini made it 4-0 to the away side on the stroke of half time.
Lars Stindl added to Gladbach’s lead on the 65th minute and Alassane Plea wrapped up the scoring by completing his hat trick on the 78th minute.
Shakhtar will be thoroughly disappointed with their performance here and it will be interesting to see how they bounce back in their next game. Such a heavy defeat will surely affect their morale and confidence.
As for Borussia Moenchengladbach they will be delighted with the free-flowing attacking football tonight and they will be hoping to build on this and win their remaining group games as well.
Both teams are quite evenly matched and the home fans would have expected a better contest here.
Other matches today,
- Atletico Madrid held to 1-1 draw by Lokomotiv Moscow in UCL
- Atalanta 0-5 Liverpool: Jota inspires a thumping win for Reds with a hat-trick
- Manchester City 3-0 Olympiacos: City cruise to a convincing win
- Real Madrid 3-2 Inter: Rodrygo scored the late winner for Los Blancos
- RB Salzburg 2-6 Bayern: Bayern come from behind to hammer Salzburg