Diogo Jota scored a hat trick to inspire the Reds to a memorable away win.
The Portuguese forward gave Liverpool the lead on the 16th minute and then doubled his tally on the 33rd minute.
Mohammed Salah made it 3-0 to the away side right after half time and Sadio Mane joined in on the act two minutes later.
Diogo Jota wrapped up the scoring for Liverpool on the 54th minute.
The Reds could have easily scored more goals and they were dominant throughout the game.
Jurgen Klopp will be delighted with his team’s performance and he could not have asked for more.
Liverpool have now won all three group games and they should be able to rest some of their key players in the upcoming matches.
Atalanta have been one of the most exciting teams in Europe over the past year and they were expected to trouble Liverpool defensively but the Reds managed to stay well organised at the back and they have now picked up three clean sheets in a row in the Champions League.
The Italian outfit will be disappointed with the crushing defeat and it will be interesting to see how they bounce back in the next group game.
Other matches today,
- Shakhtar 0-6 Gladbach: Gladbach demolish host, Plea scores hat-trick
- Atletico Madrid held to 1-1 draw by Lokomotiv Moscow in UCL
- Manchester City 3-0 Olympiacos: City cruise to a convincing win
- Real Madrid 3-2 Inter: Rodrygo scored the late winner for Los Blancos
- RB Salzburg 2-6 Bayern: Bayern come from behind to hammer Salzburg