Manchester City picked up a comfortable 3-0 win over Olympiacos in the Champions League tonight at Etihad Stadium.
Summer signing Ferran Torres gave Manchester City the lead on the 12th minute.
Gabriel Jesus and Joao Cancelo scored late on in the game to secure all three points for Pep Guardiola’s team.
Manchester City were firm favourites heading into the game and the fans will be pleased with the team’s performance.
Olympiacos were the underdogs here and it is hardly surprising that they have been beaten comprehensively.
The win tonight will give Manchester City immense confidence and they will be hoping to go all the way in the Champions League this season.
Pep Guardiola has managed to guide Manchester City to every domestic trophy and he will be desperate to win the Champions League with them.
The Premier League side have shown that they have the quality and the depth to go all the way in the competition this season.
As for Olympiacos, it will be interesting to see how the Greek outfit bounce back in their next game.
They will have to improve immensely if they want to secure their place in the knockout rounds of the competition.
Manchester City will also be delighted with the return of Gabriel Jesus from injury, especially before a crucial league game against Liverpool at the weekend.
Other matches today,
- Shakhtar 0-6 Gladbach: Gladbach demolish host, Plea scores hat-trick
- Atletico Madrid held to 1-1 draw by Lokomotiv Moscow in UCL
- Atalanta 0-5 Liverpool: Jota inspires a thumping win for Reds with a hat-trick
- Real Madrid 3-2 Inter: Rodrygo scored the late winner for Los Blancos
- RB Salzburg 2-6 Bayern: Bayern come from behind to hammer Salzburg