- Brazil, Switzerland and Serbia to win their last match for respective qualification in last-16.
- Costa Rica is already eliminated and to face Switzerland.
- FIFA has put in place seven tie-breakers for distinct ranking of four teams in a group
Brazil and Switzerland are at top of the group with 4 points each. Brazil is ahead of Switzerland in Goal Difference. Serbia comes next with three points. Costa Rica is at bottom and yet to add a point.
For Brazil-Vs-Serbia match, odds placed for Brazil, draw and Serbia are 1.53, 4.33 and 7.00 respectively. For Switzerland-Vs-Costa Rica, odds for Switzerland win, draw and Costa Rica win, are 1.66, 3.60 and 7.00 respectively.
As per Bet-Belief Brazil and Switzerland have 76% chances to move into Round of 16. Chances of Serbia and Switzerland to reach in to knock-out stage are 19%. Bet-Believe considers people bias/opinion as per betting odds, while estimating chances for a team.
As per Bet-Belief, Switzerland have almost qualified into next round, with very slim chances to not make into Round of 16. These situations involve Switzerland to have points-tie with Brazil or Serbia.
FIFA has process in place, to follow in case tie in Group stage occur. With following steps, the teams can be distinctly ranked in case of tie.
HOW THE TEAMS WILL BE RANKED IN THEIR RESPECTIVE GROUPS
1. Points obtained in all group matches
2. Goal difference in all group matches
3. Goals scored in all group matches
4. Points obtained in matches between tied teams
5. Goal difference in matches between tied teams
6. Goals scored in matches between tied teams
7. Fair play points system where the team with the most minus points finishing lower
The fair play points are calculated as follows: yellow card (-1), indirect red through second yellow (-3), straight red card (-4). This is most likely only to come into play in two-team ties and even then is unlikely – but will be used if England and Belgium draw tonight.
8. Drawing of lots by the Fifa Organising Committee