Currently, there are discussions with themselves and Government, on how the remaining 92 matches can be played in neutral venues (8-10 number of stadiums), so that league can be concluded, without affecting the integrity of the Premier League.
Three prominent leagues in Europe have been cancelled with different outcomes. Whereas top flying league of France and Belgium concluded on the basis of latest standing, Netherlands declared Eredivisie null and void.
The Questions – Premier League to Answer
1. The Premier League Champion
2. Top four team – Which will qualify for UEFA Champions League
3. Fifth and Sixth Team – Which will qualify for UEFA Europa League
4. Three teams which would finish at the bottom of League Table – which will be relegated to EFL Championship
Premier League Table
|15||Brighton & Hove Albion||29||6||−8||29|
|16||West Ham United||29||7||−15||27|
The One Match – What it can answer
A single match, obviously cannot answer all four question that the Premier League answers, as and when it concludes.
But at this stage, when 92 of the Premier League matches are pending, one match can answer the very first question – The Title of Premier League.
Currently, Liverpool has a lead of 25 points from Manchester City, with nine matches still to be played. Though perhaps practically it would not be possible for Manchester team to touch the Reds this Season, mathematically there is still a possibility – that City can beat the Reds in some extraordinary combination of events. (the assumption is Liverpool are losing rest, and Manchester City are winning rest of the matches).
The match is Manchester City – home Match against Liverpool.
If Red win, the League table will look like this.
And this would ensure, under no circumstances, Manchester City can finish ahead of Liverpool, as even if City go on to win rest of their Premier League matches, they will finish this season with 84 points. This is still behind Liverpool if they win away against Manchester City this Season.
- Liverpool and Arsenal keen to sign RB Salzburg’s Dominik Szoboszlai
- Chelsea could make a summer move for Phillippe Coutinho
- Newcastle to offer £53m to Real Madrid for Gareth Bale
- Chelsea confident to sign Angel Gomes from United
- Manchester United verge of closing Saul Niguez deal
- Government ‘ok’ for Premier League restart behind closed-doors from June 1
- Giggs: Only four escaped Ferguson’s ‘hairdryer treatment’ at United