Chelsea are confident of signing the Manchester United midfielder Angel Gomes this summer. The 19-year-old is highly rated by the Red Devils and it would be quite a coup for the Blues if they managed to poach him away from Old Trafford.
As per Daily Mirror, Angel Gomes is represented by the super-agent Pini Zahavi. Zahavi has good ties with Chelsea and he has already held talks with the Blues transfer chief Marina Granovskaia.
The midfielder will be a free agent soon and he has turned down a £30k-a-week offer from Manchester United. The Red Devils want to keep him at the club but it seems that the youngster is keen on a move away.
Chelsea have an impressive pool of young talent at their disposal and the addition of Gomes would be the icing on the cake for Lampard. Since taking over as the club’s manager, the former England midfielder has done very well to nurture the young players at his disposal.
Lampard has also promoted several youngsters this season like Mount, Abraham, Gilmour and Tomori. He could do the same to Gomes and help him develop with first team football.
Chelsea’s tendency to promote youth might be one of the reasons why Gomes is keen on leaving the Red Devils this summer.
The path to the first team could be easier at Stamford Bridge right now.
Manchester United seem more inclined towards the idea of signing readymade stars at the moment.
Gomes has a massive future ahead of him and Chelsea would do well to get him in this summer.
- Liverpool and Arsenal keen to sign RB Salzburg’s Dominik Szoboszlai
- Chelsea could make a summer move for Phillippe Coutinho
- Newcastle to offer £53m to Real Madrid for Gareth Bale
- Chelsea confident to sign Angel Gomes from United
- Manchester United verge of closing Saul Niguez deal
- Government ‘ok’ for Premier League restart behind closed-doors from June 1
- Giggs: Only four escaped Ferguson’s ‘hairdryer treatment’ at United