The Welsh international has fallen out of favour at Santiago Bernabeu, and he will have to leave the club to start playing regularly.
As per Daily Mail, the Magpies are ready to offer him an escape route this summer. Newcastle United are prepared to offer around £53m to bring him back to the Premier League.
Bale was a star for Tottenham during his time in England, and he could improve Newcastle a lot. However, the signing will come with a risk for Newcastle.
The Welshman has been quite injury prone since moving to Spain, and there are no guarantees that he will play every week for Newcastle.
That said, a player of Gareth Bale’s calibre is undoubtedly worth the risk. On his day, he is a world-beater and will decide games all by himself.
Newcastle United need to make a statement signing to underline their ambition once the takeover is complete. Someone like Bale certainly fits the bill.
As for the player, he needs to play week in week out in order to rediscover his form. A move to Newcastle might not be such a bad idea.
The bigger teams might not be keen on spending big on him right now, and although Newcastle could be seen as a step-down for him, the move would be a practical one.
- Liverpool and Arsenal keen to sign RB Salzburg’s Dominik Szoboszlai
- Chelsea could make a summer move for Phillippe Coutinho
- Newcastle to offer £53m to Real Madrid for Gareth Bale
- Chelsea confident to sign Angel Gomes from United
- Manchester United verge of closing Saul Niguez deal
- Government ‘ok’ for Premier League restart behind closed-doors from June 1
- Giggs: Only four escaped Ferguson’s ‘hairdryer treatment’ at United