Barcelona picked up a 1-0 win over Espanyol in La Liga last night at Camp Nou.
Setien’s men are still very much in the title race and they will be hoping that Real Madrid drop some points in their remaining games.
Barcelona are now one point behind their bitter rivals but Los Blancos have a game in hand. On the other hand, Espanyol are bottom on 24 points after 35 games.
Luis Suarez scored the only goal of the game to earn a vital win for the Spanish giants. Meanwhile, their win condemned their neighbours to relegation from the top flight.
Both teams were down to ten men in the second half but Barcelona managed to get the all important goal on the 56th minute.
Ansu Fati was sent off for a reckless tackle five minutes after coming off the bench and Espanyol’s Pol Lozano followed suit just three minutes later. He was sent off after an intervention from VAR.
Real Madrid take on Alaves on Friday and they will be hoping to restore their four point lead at the top of the table. It will be interesting to see who ends up winning the title eventually.
Meanwhile, Espanyol will be devastated with their relegation. They are one of Spain’s most prestigious clubs and this will be the first time they will play in the second division since 1994.
- Verona 2-2 Inter: Inter dropped to fourth spot
- Man United 3-0 Villa: Bruno, Greenwood, Pogba on score-sheet
- Tottenham 0-0 Bournemouth: VAR saves Spurs, No shot on target
- Sancho has 3 conditions before he commits to United
- Kevin de Bruyne is going nowhere, says Agent
- Barcelona 1-0 Espanyol: Barca kept title hope alive
- Kai Havertz asked Bayer Leverkusen for Chelsea move