Manchester United are thought to be closing in on the signing of Atletico’s Saul Niguez. The Spaniard is one of the best central midfielders around Europe right now and he would be a sensational addition to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s squad.
As per Todo Fichajes, the deal is practically closed and Atletico will accept a fee lower than the player’s release clause.
Saul has proven himself in La Liga and the Champions League. If he moves to the Premier League, he could be a star for Manchester United.
His playing style should help him settle into English football as well. Saul is very hardworking and direct in his approach. Furthermore, the Atletico Madrid star is excellent technically as well. He can create as well as score goals.
Saul will add agility, workrate, creativity and defensive cover to Manchester United’s midfield. There are very few players in Europe who are as complete as Saul Niguez in terms of skillset.
The Old Trafford giants already have two fantastic midfielders in Bruno Fernandes and Paul Pogba. Adding Saul to that unit would transform United’s midfield.
The 25-year-old midfielder is also extremely versatile and he can play anywhere in the midfield. He can operate as a central midfielder or as a defensive midfielder. Saul is adept in the wide areas as well because of his close control and ability to beat his man.
It will be interesting to see if the Premier League giants can get it done. United have massive cash reserves and they are certainly capable of pulling this off despite the financial stress due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Liverpool and Arsenal keen to sign RB Salzburg’s Dominik Szoboszlai
- Chelsea could make a summer move for Phillippe Coutinho
- Newcastle to offer £53m to Real Madrid for Gareth Bale
- Chelsea confident to sign Angel Gomes from United
- Manchester United verge of closing Saul Niguez deal
- Government ‘ok’ for Premier League restart behind closed-doors from June 1
- Giggs: Only four escaped Ferguson’s ‘hairdryer treatment’ at United