- Joao Felix confronted Lionel Messi during Super Cup semi-final at Jeddah
- Atletico Madrid and Barcelona players got also involved and pushed one another
- Atletico Madrid won 3-2 to reach final
Lionel Messi and Joao Felix clashed during Barcelona vs. Atletico Madrid match at King Abdullah Sport City Stadium, Jeddah. They had to be pulled apart by teammates, in fiery scenes during the Spanish Super Cup semi-final.
Joao Felix confronted Lionel Messi
The Golden Boy winner perhaps complained something to Messi as they walked off the pitch for half-time before things got heated.
The pair exchanged heated words and then went head to head as tempers threatened to boil over. Gerard Pique arrived first on the scene to try and diffuse the situation before other players rushed in.
Luis Suarez was unimpressed by the Atletico Madrid forward’s actions and let his feelings known. Stefan Savić was not please with Suarez, as he pushed him away. The pushing and shoving from both the teams ended after the officials tried to calm things down.
Earlier Atletico Madrid star Felix appeared to have some unpleasant talk with Jordi Alba, which looked like a confrontation from a distance.
Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid
Diego Simeone’s men took the lead in the semi-final match when half-time substitute Koke scored early in the second half.
Barcelona responded within five minutes, with Messi finding the back of the net to equalise. Former Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann put Barcelona ahead.
Alvaro Morata equalised from the spot with nine minutes remaining. Angel Correa then struck minutes later to win the match and set up a Madrid-derby in the final.
- Manchester United closing in on signing Bruno Fernandes of Sporting
- Ashley Young rejected contract extension after a call from Lukaku
- Joao Felix confronted Lionel Messi, teammates placated the duo
- Liverpool to decide on Chukwueze, Bailey, Sancho and Dembele
- List of ten Most Valuable Serie-A players for 2019-20 session
- Golden Shoe Race: Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, SerieA, Ligue1
- Italian press hail Cristiano Ronaldo and Romelu Lukaku’s heroics
- Salary of every Liverpool player for 2019-20 session
- Cristiano Ronaldo Hat-trick buried detractors and controversies
- Sadio Mane named CAF African Footballer of the year award