Jurgen Klopp has structured Liverpool really well as he went on signing players, since he arrived at Anfield. He did not spend huge amount, still as a team, Liverpool look formidable. They are reigning Champions League and Club World Cup winners.
The players they are targeting during January and subsequent transfer windows.
Liverpool are keen on signing Villarreal’s Nigerian midfielder Samuel Chukwueze. The 20-year-old has become one of the brightest prospects in La Liga and is attracting interest from a host of top European clubs, who have taken a liking to his pace and dribbling.
Premier League rivals Chelsea are also said to be monitoring the player. French giants Lyon are also linked with a move for the player. With Memphis Depay and Jeff Reine-Adelaide out injured and Moussa Dembele linked with a move to the Premier League, Lyon are looking to bolster their attack by signing the skilful Nigerian star.
Chukwueze has been on Liverpool’s radar for a while. He has a release clause of £52 million in his contract. The 20-year-old has enjoyed a stellar season so far and has scored 5 goals in 18 appearances for the Yellow Submarines.
- Manchester United closing in on signing Bruno Fernandes of Sporting
- Ashley Young rejected contract extension after a call from Lukaku
- Joao Felix confronted Lionel Messi, teammates placated the duo
- Liverpool to decide on Chukwueze, Bailey, Sancho and Dembele
- List of ten Most Valuable Serie-A players for 2019-20 session
- Golden Shoe Race: Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, SerieA, Ligue1
- Italian press hail Cristiano Ronaldo and Romelu Lukaku’s heroics
- Salary of every Liverpool player for 2019-20 session
- Cristiano Ronaldo Hat-trick buried detractors and controversies
- Sadio Mane named CAF African Footballer of the year award
Leon Bailey and Jadon Sancho
Signing a winger is high up on Klopp’s list of priorities as he is looking forward to get some workload shared from his key strikers, Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah.
Jadon Sancho has long been touted as a potential signing but conflicting reports surrounding the England winger might have played a role as Reds are not ready in paying the gargantuan sum that Borussia Dortmund is looking. Borussia may not be ready to part away with the prolific scorer.
This makes, Liverpool to look at alternatives. Leon Bailey from Bayer Leverkusen, is being considered. The Jamaican winger has scored three goals in five starts this season for the German side. Bailey claimed in 2018 that he rejected Liverpool before moving to Germany, not wanting to make the step up too soon.
Barcelona is looking for potential buyer for French forward. They won’t make this decision in haste. Perhaps they will be looking for summer window for the deal, to go through.