Defending champion were first awarded a penalty kick for handball in the first half and Ronaldo swept home the penalty. Rodrigo Bentancur was fouled inside the box towards the end of the second half and Ronaldo again scored rather easily.
Matthijs de Ligt then headed in a third in injury time from a Paulo Dybala corner kick.
Ronaldo has now scored in nine successive Serie A games for Juventus, becoming the first player to do so since David Trezeguet in December 2005. He has also scored 50 goals in just 70 appearances in all competitions since joining the Italian giants in 2018. But his Serie-A record is even fabulas. He score 40 goals in 50 Serie-A matches.
The win strengthens Juventus’ place at the top of the table, with 54 points from 22 games – six clear of Inter Milan. If Inter win against Udinese, defending champions still would have 3 points margin.
Mind games and Ronaldo
Bartlomiej Dragowski played or tried to play mind games with Cristiano Ronaldo before Juventus vs Fiorentina match. The goalkeeper from Polish origin, said prior to the match that he knew how Ronaldo takes penalties and that he had adequate preparation for them.
“I studied Cristiano Ronaldo and know how he shoots,” he told Corriere dello Sport. “I’m not going to tell you how I predict he’ll take penalties, or could read this and change it. I’d rather there weren’t any penalties in the game, to be honest.”
He was very near when CR7 took the first penalty but he completely misjudged the second one and dive in the wrong side.
- Golden Shoe Race: Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, SerieA, Ligue1
- Premier League
- Spurs 2-0 City: Bergwin’s debut stike set Tottenham win over City
- Man United 0-0 Wolves: United lost points in Bruno debut-match
- Liverpool 4-0 Southampton: Reds move another step towards title
- Serie A
- Inter 2:0 Udinese – Lukaku’s brace lift Inter in second spot
- Juventus 3-0 Fiorentina: Ronaldo scored in nine straight games
- La Liga
- Barcelona 2:1 Levante – Fati, youngest player to score LaLiga double
- Real 1-0 Atletico: Zidane inspires Real to beat Atletico in Madrid derby
- Ligue 1
- PSG 5-0 Montpellier: PSG thump visitors; Mbappe and Neymar fume