Romelu Lukaku scored twice as Inter Milan beat Udinese 2-0 at Stadio Friuli, to maintain the title pursuit. Inter Milan remain at second spot in the table, three points behind Juventus who beat Fiorentina.
Christian Eriksen, Ashley Young and on-loan Chelsea winger Victor Moses made their league debuts for the Nerazzurri. Inter captain Handanovic was not included in starting eleven, as he is suffering from a finger problem that could keep his away from field for few weeks.
But it was Lukaku who ensured victory, scoring with a close-range shot before adding his second with a penalty.
The former Manchester United forward has now scored 16 league goals since moving to Italy last summer and has scored 20 for Inter in all competitions.
He was helped by some poor goalkeeping by the hosts’ Juan Musso for his first, then by on-loan United forward Alexis Sanchez for his second – with the Chilean winning the spot-kick from Musso.
- Golden Shoe Race: Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, SerieA, Ligue1
- Premier League
- Spurs 2-0 City: Bergwin’s debut stike set Tottenham win over City
- Man United 0-0 Wolves: United lost points in Bruno debut-match
- Liverpool 4-0 Southampton: Reds move another step towards title
- Serie A
- Inter 2:0 Udinese – Lukaku’s brace lift Inter in second spot
- Juventus 3-0 Fiorentina: Ronaldo scored in nine straight games
- La Liga
- Barcelona 2:1 Levante – Fati, youngest player to score LaLiga double
- Real 1-0 Atletico: Zidane inspires Real to beat Atletico in Madrid derby
- Ligue 1
- PSG 5-0 Montpellier: PSG thump visitors; Mbappe and Neymar fume