Premier League 2020-21, Champions League and Europa League qualifications – Prediction
Premier League, 2020-21, will conclude with Matchday 38 on Sunday. These matches will decide Champions League and Europa League qualifications. This article will try to predict the outcomes of the matches, and hence the teams and their qualification chances.
Premier League is poised for a blockbuster end as Matchday 38 will decide the participant for European Competitions (UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League) as well as, it will have a bit impact on the relegation situation.
Here, we will try to predict the chances for the teams who are in contention for these qualification.
Premier League Table 2020-21 after Matchday 37
Manchester City (C, Q)*
Manchester United (Q)*
Leicester City (X)**
West Ham United (?)***
Tottenham Hotspur (?)***
Premier League Table 2020-21 after Matchday 37 – Top half
* Manchester City are Premier League Champions for 2020-21 season and hence, qualified for UCL. Similarly Manchester United will finish second irrespective of Matchday 38 outcomes.
** Chelsea, Liverpool and Leicester City will finish in next three positions, depending on Matchday 38 outcomes.
*** Matchday 38 will also decide the sixth team. West Ham and Tottenham are fighting for this spot.
Betting Odds for Match Results
Betting Odds from Bet365
Percentage of chances for Match Results
Percentage of chances of Match Outcomes
Prediction for Champions League and Europa League qualifications – Premier League 2020-21
Manchester City and Manchester United have already qualified for UEFA Champions League next Season
Next two spots for Champions League, are for teams which end up holding 3rd and 4th spot in Premier League table. Chelsea, Liverpool and Leicester City are in contention for UCL qualification (First four teams in the table qualify for Champions League)
One of the teams from “Second Point” will finish fifth in Premier League table, and hence qualify for UEFA Europa League.
One of West Ham United and Tottenham Hotspur will finish sixth to claim the second spot for UEFA Europa League. (Fifth and Sixth in the table qualify for Europa League).
Chelsea have 86% chances to finish in top four, so there are 14% chances that they will end up in Europa League.
Similary, Liverpool have 91% chances to finish in top four, so there are 9% chances that they will end up in Europa League. This is little awkward, as Reds are places below Chelsea currently. But this chances is because of their better odds against Crystal Palace on Matchday 38.
Leicester City have 23% chances to finish in top four, so there are 77% chances that they will end up in Europa League.
Tottenham Hotspur have very slim chances to qualify, which is 5%. Otherwise, West Ham United are qualifying for Europa League as sixth team in EPL table. Hammers have 95% chances to qualify.
* Winner of Match 1, Match 2, Match 3, Match 4
** Points that Teams Chelsea (Blues), Liverpool (Reds), Leicester City (Foxes), West Ham United (Hammer) and Tottenham Hotspur (Spurs) will end up in the Premier League table. 81 rows in the table indicates all of 81 different set of outcomes and the final points for respective teams in Premier League.
*** UCL provides teams those qualify for UEFA Champions League after finishing the season with 3rd and 4th position in the table. UEL provides teams those qualify for UEFA Europa League after finishing the season with 5th and 6th position in the table.
"%Chances" are providing Chances of outcomes for all exhaustive 81 scenarios.
The former Wolves manager has claimed that Frank Lampard’s side are superior to the Spanish duo. Glen Hoddle, former Spurs legend, has claimed that Chelsea are above the Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid. The former Wolves manager was […]
Chelsea have been linked with a move for the Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland for months now. The Blues wanted to improve their attacking department during the summer transfer window and they were keen on the 21-year-old Norwegian striker. However, […]
Chelsea have been linked with several attackers in recent weeks, and it appears that the Bayern Munich forward Robert Lewandowski is on their radar as well. According to the latest reports, manager Thomas Tuchel is looking to replace Romelu Lukaku with […]
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.