Jose Mourinho returns to Old Trafford as the new Tottenham Hotspur manager to take on Manchester United. It was widely reported that Mauricio Pochettino is tipped to be next Manchester United boss, in case Manchester poor form continues.
Mourinho was sacked last December, and it will be a little under a year to the day that the Special One heads back to the Theatre of Dreams to prove his worth once again.
Tottenham have enjoyed the boost under new manager with three wins out of three under Mourinho. They are now at 5th spot in the league table, nine notch up in the league table than where they were two weeks and two match before.
Stadium: Old Trafford
- Mourinho on Manchester United- ‘I don’t have regret… I won and I learnt’
- Tottenham vs Manchester United Prediction: Mourinho back to Old Trafford
- Seven new-signing targets for Jose Mourinho during next transfer-market
- Jose Mourinho invites ball-boy to Tottenham’s pre-match meal
- Former Tottenham boss Pochettino breaks silence and thanks everyone
Betting Odds: Tottenham Hotspur 2.62; Draw 3.50 ; Manchester United 2.60
Probability of Win: Tottenham Hotspur 35%; Draw 28% ; Manchester United 37%
- Having been absent for the last three games due to an ankle injury, Scott McTominay is expected to make his return to the team on Wednesday night.
- Jesse Lingard could also be handed a recall, with Andreas Pereira and Juan Mata dropping down to the substitutes’ bench.
- Nemanja Matic may also return to the squad, although this game could come too soon for Paul Pogba, who is close to recovering from an ankle problem.
- Harry Winks is in line to return in place of Tanguy Ndombele, but Moura may have to make do with a place among the replacements.
- Danny Rose could be preferred to Jan Vertonghen at left-back, with Mourinho wary of United’s pace down the flanks.
This high-profile match, which marks return of Jose Mourinho at Old Trafford would possibly answer,
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s time as top boss at Old Trafford
- Dele Alli vs another Mourinho pick Scott Mctominay battle
- Kane and Son against Manchester United defence
- Rashford and James against Tottenham defence and what special medicine Mourinho has for them
- Mourinho vs Solskjaer battle of tactics; Solskjaer had a great tactical win against Liverpool. The match ended in 1-1 draw.
Injury Concern: Lloris
Predicted XI: Gazzaniga; Aurier, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Vertonghen; Ndombele, Dier; Sissoko, Dele Alli, Son; Kane
Injury Concern: Pogba, Martial