Paris Saint-Germain overturned one goal deficit from first-leg, and beat Borussia Dortmund 2-0 at Parc des Princes, to proceed to the quarter final of UEFA Champions legaue. Neymar and Juan Bernet scored the goals for host, as the match was played out behind closed door due to health concerns for coronavirus outbreak.
Paris Saint Germain vs Borussia Dortmund – Goals
- Neymar scored from a setpiece, when he headed the ball home from a Di Maria corne from right end at 28th minute of the match.
- An attempt from Sarabia from right top corner of Dortmund penalty area, ended up in goal through a deflection from Juan Bernet.
What the Scoreboard won’t tell
- As Kylian Mbappe did not start today, it was upto Neymar, Cavani, Di Maria and Sarabia to lead PSG attack. Neymar and Di Maria were superb, after so much controversy perhaps, Neymar chose this match to prove a point. It was Neymar all over the field and perhaps he had chosen this match to prove a point.
- Borussia Dortmund on the other hand did not have a clue. They had big advantages – firstly they had one goal advantage from first leg and secondly they had a chance to play in an empty stadium in Paris today. But they did not have a plan for today. They restricted their move in the first half, when PSG controlled the game and had winning 2-0 lead today. Erling Haaland and Emre Can, who had a great outing in the first leg, both had a bad day in office. Haaland was booked very early in the match, whereas Can had a double booking minute from regular time.
- Concerns over the coronavirus meant fans were barred, but many gathered outside the stadium and celebrated when Neymar headed PSG into the lead.
- PSG’s players celebrated wildly at full-time before greeting the hundreds of supporters who remained outside the Parc des Princes. They celebrated sat in meditation posture to mock opposition striker, as Erling Haaland celebrated after winning goal in the first leg in Signal Aduna Park.
Results and Records
- PSG remain unbeaten in each of their eight home matches with German sides in all European competition (W7 D1).
- Neymar has had a directly involved in 14 goals in just eight home Champions League appearances for PSG, scoring 10 times and assisting a further four. Indeed, he has now scored six Champions League goals versus German sides, only netting more versus Scottish and French opposition (seven each).
- PSG’s Brazilian defender Marquinhos was third to appear 50 Champions League start for the French club after Marco Verratti (54) and Thiago Silva (56).
- PSG have scored in each of their last 32 Champions League games (85 goals), the second longest run after Real Madrid (34).
We knew it was going to be tough, but overall it wasn’t a good game from us. It was difficult to play without fans, but it’s not an excuse for our performance.Erling Haaland, Borussia Dortmund
- Mikel Arteta, Arsenal manager tests positive for coronavirus
- UEFA Champions League
- PSG 2-0 Dortmund: Neymar put PSG in quarters, mock Haaland celebration
- Liverpool 2-3 Atletico: Anfield shocked; Key points in today’s match
- PSG vs Dortmund Prediction: Mbappe tested negative for Coronavirus
- Liverpool vs Atletico Prediction: Simeone giving no clue to prepared Klopp
- UEFA Champions League Winner: Change in Betting Odds after first-leg