Manchester City thrashed Arsenal deeper into crisis as they comfortably won against Gunners 3-0 at Emirates Stadium.
Kevin de Bruyne produced a first-half masterclass as Pep Guardiola’s side were already with three-goal lead by the interval. De Bruyne was simply superb and Raheem Sterling had simple finish to secure lead by the end of first half.
It was a harrowing experience for Arsenal caretaker manager Freddie Ljungberg, who was a powerless low-key presence, his minimal impact since succeeding the sacked Unai Emery reflected in a record of one win from his five matches in interim charge.
Arsenal’s lack of inspiration in an Emirates Stadium devoid of life and atmosphere will surely only increase the urgent need to appoint a full-time manager – although at this stage it is still unclear which direction the Gunners hierarchy intends to go. They also had one incident, when Ozil was substituted and shown his anger while approaching the reserve bench.
Manchester City, meanwhile, remain 14 points behind table leaders Liverpool after this win, which was a classic reminder of the quality the reigning Premier League champions possess.
- Premier League
- Liverpool vs Wartford: Salah braces ensure Red win over Wartford
- Tottenham 2-1 Wolves: Vertonghen earned late winner for Spurs
- Manchester United 1-1 Everton: Draw saw United at 6th place in table
- Manchester City 3-0 Arsenal: De Bruyne braces helped City to win
- Bayern vs Werder: Bayern win 6-1, Coutinho scored hat-trick, Lewandowski braces
- Dortmund vs Mainz: Dortmund win 4-0, Sancho scored consecutive six
- La Liga
- Barcelona vs Real Sociedad: Barca held for a 2-2 draw
- Real Madrid 1:1 Valencia: Benzema scored equaliser during final moments
- Serie A
- Juventus 3-1 Udinese: Ronaldo-Dybala-Higuain start, Ronaldo scores double
- Inter Milan 1-1 Fiorentina: Inter concede lead to draw at injury time
- Ligue 1
- PSG 4-0 St.Etlenne: Mbappe, Paredes and Icardi score